Thank you, dear Toyosi, from Arum-Lily for nominating me and putting together these fun questions!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and links back their blog.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominated 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
- What book has been your favorite read so far this year? The Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows. I want literary live in this book and be part of Guernsey book club.
- What kind of music or what artist do enjoy listening to when you are writing or reading? I can’t listen to any music while reading. It distracts me.
- What movie/series is at the top of your June TBW? Black Sails (currently watching season 3) and I’m planning to re-watch (again) Downton Abbey.
- Are you looking forward to any book-to-screen adaptations this year and if so which ones? Mary Poppins Returns! The most elegant, extravagant and charming nanny comes back in the new Disney movie. Mary Poppins portrayed by the gorgeous Emily Blunt. Can’t wait!
- Why did you start your blog? Wanted to discuss books with people who enjoy reading as much as I do, also to stay updated on the new releases.
- What is your most anticipated book this year? My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, Brodi Ashton. Loved the My Lady Jane, it was hillarious and how cool is going to be a retelling of Jane Eyre. Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare.
- What book would you recommend to me from your favourite genre? My favorite genre is historical fiction and I would recommend Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler and Last Christmas in Paris by Hazel Gaynor, Heather Webb
- Have you ever DNF’d a classic book , if so why? The Woman in White by Wilkey Collins. I tried to read it twice but neither time finished it. I just wasn’t interested in any of the characters. Perhaps I’ll give it another try someday.
- What book changed or expanded your perception on a social issue or part of the world you were not aware of ? The White Chrysanthemum shocked me. I read many WWII novels but I’ve never read any book that takes place in Asia during this time period. And the story of occupied Korea by Japan truly shocked me.
- What books would you love to see adapted into a movie or series? I think the Diviners by Libba Brey can be an amazing series!
- What has been the most challenging aspect of being a Blogger? Keeping up with all the books that I want to read! There are so many on my TBR list and there are so many published each month, and so many classics to be read! OMG
- What book has been your favorite read so far this year?
- If you could only read one more book for your entire life, what would it be?
- What book got you into reading?
- What genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?
- What is the most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
- What is the most intimidating classic book you’re too nervous to begin?
- What is your favorite film adaptation of a novel of all time?
- What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
- Name a book you didn’t expect to like but did?
- What do you like most about being a blogger?
- What was the last book you read?
Jess & Teagan Fiction No Chaser
Trisy Bobo’s Book Bank
Alysa ELEPHANT TALE BOOKS
Lola Lola Et La Vie
Shannon My one thousand lives blog
Lisa https Comfy Chair’s Books
Chrissie Returning to Reading